Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Grocery Game: Store Brand Steals


Let's face it: we are all brand loyal to a certain extent. For example, it would be unthinkable for me to use Aqua Fresh toothpaste or to buy anything other than a Betty Crocker cake mix. However, I've recently decided to try cheaper brands of two products I buy on a frequent basis -- laundry detergent and diapers. I'll admit that I was hesistant to swap my Tide for Arm and Hammer and trade her Huggies for Target brand diapers. But, you know what -- I am actually liking the new, cheaper products! I save $4.99 per purchase on the less expensive detergent and $3.99 per case on store brand diapers. I think I'll put that saved money into her piggy bank for some Tinkerbell panties. I better sock those pennies away as I know she will claim to "need" quite a few pairs.


Cheap and Cheerful wants to know: What brand swaps have you made and how much money have you saved?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails