Monday, July 20, 2009

Cheap and Cheerful Cities: San Diego


What does your favorite half day outing look like? My perfect day involves shopping, mexican food and ice cream -- the ultimate trifecta! There is a cool spot in San Diego where I can indulge in all three of my favorite things without ever moving my car. Nestled in South Park on Juniper Street, you can find The Grove, a knitting shop that also has fun and funky gifts. Pick up a ball of yarn or browse a book! Then you can meander to Mexican food heaven at El Camino. Just about anything on the menu is amazing but if you are looking for something a little different, give the sweet potato flautas a try. Top off your outing with a sweet treat at The Daily Scoop, the retro-feel ice cream shop pictured above. I don't know about you, but it almost doesn't get any better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails