Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cheap and Cheerful Chatter: $300 Grocery Challenge -- October, Week 4


We had $90 left in the October grocery budget and I spent $87.87 today. I was pleased especially since I stocked up on a few things that will get us through most of next month as well: coffee, Windex, Shout, Advil (free with coupon!), flat of bottled water (free with coupon!) and hand soap ($.79 with coupon!). I also got some cake and brownie mixes that were on a super sale, plus a 6 pack of beer for my husband.

Here's the other stuff on my list:
granola
cheerios
yogurt
apples
bananas
corn
wheat bread
muffin mixes
milk
cheese: cheddar and mozzarella
everything for carnitas, including 60 corn tortillas for $1.69 with coupon
goldfish
and a few other things I can't remember

Our dinners for the week are carnitas, homemade pizza, pasta with meat sauce, paninis and soup, tamales/burritos, and more carnitas! We've got the usual peanut butter, yogurt, fruit, and pretzels/goldfish for lunch and lots of muffins, smoothies, and cereal for breakfast.

Now it is time to start thinking about November ... Should I try for $300 again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails