Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cheap and Cheerful Chatter: The Rule of Three

Before I explain "The Rule of Three", I give full credit to my friend Bridget from Baltimore for planting this idea in my head last holiday season.

In addition to the lovely tradition of Santa Claus, Christian churches celebrate the birth of Jesus on Christmas Day. According to Biblical tradition, three magi (or wise men) visited Jesus shortly after birth and presented him with three gifts -- gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

If Jesus got three birthday gifts, why can't Santa pick just three gifts for each child?

The story is working well here at Casa Ferrara. Three gifts from Santa, a few from Mom and Dad, plus all of the fun things from aunties, uncles, and grandparents = MORE than enough stuff.

Emply the Rule of Three this year and let me know how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. I need to learn about this story - having so many nieces who recieve soooooooo much and all of the adults wondering where the magic went - I am thinking that this story needs to be introduced to our family - thanks for sharing. Maria Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just reminded of a nice rule of thumb. Four presents: something they want, something they need, something to wear, and something to read.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails