Friday, November 19, 2010

Cheap and Cheerful Chatter: $300 Grocery Challenge -- Week 3


I have been so, so busy so I sent Mr. Cheap and Cheerful to Safeway for me this week! He gets an A+ for sticking to the list and saving almost $19 by taking advantage of Club Card specials. He spent $45.07 total and we will only need one fill-in trip to get us through the 3 more days this month that we'll be at home. It looks like we'll make the $300 cut this month but I imagine many of you are hosting Thanksgiving and we're not; I am sure November can get more expensive than most months.

We're making soup again this week, eating up our eggs and potatoes in a frittata, and also having pasta, tacos/burritos, and salami and sundried tomato pizza for dinners.

Cheap and Cheerful wants to know: What is your favorite homemade soup? (We love pea soup and rosemary and white bean. Yum!)

2 comments:

  1. I like making the Sedona Corn Tortilla soup from CPK. Super easy...pretty healthy...and wonderful on a cold night.

    -Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is butternut squash soup! Almost no cost since the squash is from our garden grown from seeds from last year's squash and I make my own veggie stock from odds and ends in the garden.

    Let's see. $3.00 for a gallon of soy milk. A cup or two for the soup. It makes about 8 servings. Cheap. And cheerful ;) Freezes well too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails