Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cheap and Cheerful Chatter: $300 Grocery Challenge, Week 4

I did it! Week 4 saw me spend $59.10 at Safeway. So I came in $31 under budget for the month of September. Saving $100 (well, actually $131!) off our grocery budget in one month certainly wasn't easy and I learned a bunch of shopping lessons in the process. I did yearn for a little more fresh fruit (apples and bananas got a little boring) and my husband missed his Diet Coke. The kids probably wished for more Goldfish! I've decided to do the challenge again in October. I will be working on my menus this week and shopping next Monday.

Cheap and Cheerful wants to know: Are you in for October? And what's on your menu?

P.S.: Halloween candy does not count toward the $300. You can put that in your Entertainment column for your monthly budget. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails