Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cheap and Cheerful Chatter: $300 Grocery Challenge -- Week 3


So my week three shopping is complete! My goal was to spend $70 and I spent $71.95. I added in our soccer snacks since we're responsible for them next Saturday and still only went $1.95 over budget -- not too shabby! Price and selection wise, I was very pleased with my Target grocery experience. I will return to Safeway next week; we do get points towards school scrip at Safeway so we need to be consistent about shopping there.


We still had several dinners (raviolis, tamales, omelettes/waffles, chili, and tacos/burritos) on hand so this shopping list was focused on restocking breakfast and lunch items, plus snacks and a few toiletry items.

Here's what I got:
bagels
cream cheese
banana nut muffin mix
Honey Bunches of Oats
grapes
apples
yogurt
milk
wheat bread
sourdough bread
peanut butter
cheese
frozen pizza (great $2 coupon)
salsa
pretzels
Betty Crocker cookie mix (Matthew's treat request and had a great coupon)
Wheat Thins (great $2 coupon)
soccer snack: juice boxes, granola bars, fruit leathers, extremely green bananas
shampoo
Hefty bags

I think I am forgetting a few things, but you get the idea. Almost there!

Cheap and Cheerful wants to know: How is the $300 challenge going for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails