Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cheap and Cheerful Challenge: $300 Grocery Bill?

Each month, we budget $400 for groceries which includes all food and household supplies for our family of four. After analyzing our menus, looking at food prices, and clipping coupons, I've made the decision to try a one month challenge. During the month of September, I am planning to slash our food budget by $100. I will post all of my grocery receipts and menus here to keep myself accountable. I've also made the radical decision to return to Trader Joe's! Can you tell I am excited? I will make two trips to Safeway each month and two trips to Trader Joe's each month. I plan to spend $200 at Safeway and $100 at Trader Joe's. I did a "dry run" today; I spent $88 at Safeway last week and $47 at Trader Joe's today. I came in under budget for the past two weeks but we've got some great meals planned. I am feeling good about getting some new menu items and more organic food into our weekly plans.

Cheap and Cheerful wants to know: How often do you grocery shop? Where? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails