Before I share my menu and shopping list for the upcoming week, I thought I would share some behind the scenes "secrets" that may help you with your own planning.(Some of these topics are detailed in previous posts if you are interested in more information.)
1. My monthly budget of $400 per month does not include wine (it pays to have a brother-in-law who is a winemaker), beer (don't drink it), soda (don't drink it), or paper towels, toilet paper, shampoo, razors, toothpaste, and toothbrushes which I purchase at Target or Costco.
2. I only shop once a week (usually Mondays) and I only shop at Safeway.
3. I am flexible, as needed, about brands. The price of being 100% brand loyal is often too steep.
4. I rely on Safeway Club card deals and weekly specials first, adding coupons as needed/available.
5. I take an inventory of my pantry and fridge before I create my shopping list. This important step helps me use up food on hand as I create my weekly list.
Since the Safeway add arrives every Wednesday, my menu planning begins tonight. (Let me know if you have a must try recipe! Maybe I can work it in to next week's menu?)